Bryans Family

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feeling loved

For my birthday, Luke, Jordan, Molly, Nick and Marina surprised me with the sweetest homemade cards.  Jordan had also written me a book.  Nick (Luke's best friend) and Marina (our neighbor) are just like my own kids.  I am thankful to have them in my life and so often in our home.  I love all 5 of these kids so much!
All of the cards and gifts were so sweet and thoughtful.  I have to admit that I did tear up when I read Marina's card that said - Eres como mi Mama (you are like my mom).  She has now moved from living behind us and I miss her terribly.  Marina still lives in Quito and only about a mile away but it is not the same as having us share our homes together.  This picture is of me opening the book Jordan wrote and illustrated for me.  I love the look on his face.  His love language is definitely gift giving.

And speaking of feeling loved, Casey made my birthday so special.  I have to say he is wonderful at making me feel special and loved everyday.  Casey and I have grown up together.  We started dating when he was 18 and I was 16 and now we are 37 and 36.  We have gone through devastating times together and the best times together but praise God, we have always been together.  I love this amazing man more and more each day and am so grateful we get to always share our lives together.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Renae!! Glad it was special. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete