Bryans Family

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gender Reveal Party

Some of our good friends, Brad and Ashley Johnson, from back home had a gender reveal party to see if their baby is a boy or girl.  I loved the idea and passed it along to our good friends here in Quito.  What is a gender reveal party?  You invite your friends over and someone makes a cake and puts in the center of the cake either blue or pink icing.  When the parents cut open the cake, everyone together finds out if the baby is a girl or boy.  For my friends here, I got to be the someone who made the cake.  The doctor wrote on a piece of paper the gender of the baby and put it in a sealed envelope so the parents don't peek.  Loren and Alaina dropped off the sealed envelope to me and I put the proper color icing in the middle of the cake.


I was so thankful the doctor wrote it clearly and made it obvious.  This was not something I wanted to mess up on.  I took this picture for fun in their kitchen when no one was looking.

Loren and Alaina were so excited to cut into the cake and look at those faces, pure joy.  I praise God for this precious baby boy, and I cannot wait to meet him in October.

BLUE icing for BABY BOY!!

Here is Alaina and her mom.  Both Loren and Alaina grew up as missionary kids and Alaina's parents live in Ecuador.  They live in the jungle area about 5 hours away from Quito.  It was so fun to have her parents there for the big party.  Happy Baby Boy!!


1 comment:

  1. SWEET! That was SO fun! Thank you so much for doing this for us! What a blessing you guys are in our lives!!!!

    ReplyDelete