Bryans Family

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Surprise Visit

JEFFERSON
One Thursday night when the Casa Gabriel boys were coming over to our house, Lizandro and Jean Carlos (Jefferson's younger brother) arrived very early.  I had just started cooking dinner, Casey was not home yet, and the kids were upstairs playing Wii.  Lizandro told me that he had a surprise for me - he wanted to show me something.  He had a silly grin on his face and told me to close my eyes; Jean Carlos led me to the front door, and then they both told me to open my eyes.  I opened my eyes and there was Jefferson at my door.  Never saw that coming...I screamed, gave him one of those huge hugs, and then the tears came.  Jefferson had left Casa Gabriel almost one year ago, and I had not seen him since.  He lives in Manta, a coastal town in Ecuador with his mom. 

What fun it was to be in on the surprise for the rest of my family.  Casey, Luke, Jordan and Molly were so excited to see him.  The kids were like me with the screaming and hugs.  Casey did not scream, but he gave Jefferson one of those big, long hugs.



It was so sweet when Molly saw Jefferson.  She ran and jumped in his arms and gave him the biggest hug and would not let go.  She stayed by his side the whole evening.  I had to bribe her away from Jefferson with cookies so Casey and Jefferson could talk.  We praise God for Jefferson and for the greatest surprise to get to spend an evening with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment