Bryans Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

Remembering...

I have been playing catch up since I started this blog in January, but I want to stop and remember a dear friend.  Here in Ecuador we just celebrated Carnaval and to my kids' description it is one big water fight.  Carnaval is a fun holiday but it is also a painful reminder that we lost a dear family during last year's Carnaval holidays.  Jordan's best friend, Asaf, along with his mom and dad were killed in a car accident.  Would you please stop and pray for Alejandra who lost her dad, mom and brother last year?  She is a precious young girl in the 6th grade at Alliance Academy.

I was looking through my old blog where I had written about Asaf and how sad we were that he was moving back to Uzbekistan to be missionaries there.  Never did anyone imagine such a tragedy would happen to such a beautiful and loving family.  This is a time when we do not understand God's ways but choose to trust them.  Jordan has grieved for his friend for a year, and I am so thankful he still talks about Asaf.  During the Ladine's memorial service, I will never forget seeing Jordan with his sleeves 3 times their normal size because he had chewed on them all day and telling Jordan that he does not have to go on stage with his class to sing at the service.  Jordan looked at me and said, "Of course I am going.  I am going to sing the best I ever have for Asaf." And he did...

We miss you so much Asaf, but we know that you are rejoicing with our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment