Bryans Family

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Calacali

The kindergarten classes loaded up the bus and headed to the country.  Alliance Academy has a property in Calacali with cabins and lots of outdoor space to run and play. 

Molly and Mia Belen enjoying a picnic lunch together around the smoky camp fire.

Roasting marshmallows!

Each of the 3 kindergarten classes planted a tree.


We went for a hike up the mountain.

We played lots of games together.  In the morning during our bible time, the teacher thought it would be better to have parents act out the lesson.  Yes, I got to be one of the lucky parents.  Not only do I despise being in front of a large group (there were lots of parents there), I also got to translate into spanish and have my feet washed in ice cold water by some dad who was mortified to do this and would not look at me the rest of the day.  If that incident was not enough, we then moved outside and formed one huge circle.  I then got to go to the center of the circle and be the example of how to do a team building exercise where you sit back to back with your partner, hook elbows and have to stand up by pushing off one another.  Fun times!  I did make an instant best friend that day when a mom told me how good my spanish was - I think she really felt sorry for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment